We know some of you are likely fans of Game of Thrones and probably went nuts over last night’s season premiere. Likewise, we know that some of you are also big fans of whiskey. Let’s see if we can combine the two.
Now, ordinarily, we wouldn’t dare mix our precious whiskey into anything that doesn’t result in the classic Manhattan. We generally love our whiskey the way it is…neat. But these spicy Game of Thrones themed cocktails from Basil Hayden‘s, Dragon’s Dance and Fire & Ice, got us a bit curious. Life is short, it’d be rather ridiculous not to at least try new things. That’s why we wanted to introduce these two drinks to you. One is a fiery blackberry-infused cocktail with a bit of spice while the other is a tasty pomegranate concoction with some heat. Hint: They both have hot peppers in them.
Give these drinks a shot the next time you’re all crowding around the television to watch people get mauled. Hell, feel free to come up with your own Game of Thrones concoctions and send them our way!
These cocktails, Dragon’s Dance and Fire & Ice, were developed by mixologists Rob Floyd and Joel Black, respectively.
– 2 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
– 1 Serrano or Jalapeño Pepper
– 1/4 parts Simple Syrup
– 1/4 parts Lime Juice
– 5 Blackberries
– 1 Small Orange Peel
– Muddle pepper and blackberries in a mixing bowl.
– Add remaining ingredients with ice into a shaker. Shake.
– Strain into a martini glass.
– Light small orange peel on fire and drop into the glass. Because why the hell not?
FIRE & ICE
– 1 1/2 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
– 3/4 parts Fresh Lime Juice
– 1 Slice of Jalapeño
– 1 part Pomegranate Juice
– 1/2 part Simple Syrup
– Splash of Soda Water
– Muddle lime juice, jalapeño, pomegrantate juice and simple syrup in a mixing bowl.
– Add mixture and Basil Hayden’s into a shaker and shake lightly for five seconds.
– Strain into a Collins glass, add ice and top with soda water.
Like this article? Why not like us as well? Find of Iron & Oak on Facebook and Twitter! And, as always, feel free to express your comments, concerns or funny stories in the comments below. Look good. Live well. Of Iron & Oak.